Yale's New Directions in Environmental Law conference 2017!

Tomorrow, Thursday, February 23, I will be traveling to Yale University! But don't worry everybody, I am not transferring there. Lol. I am staying right here at the University of Alaska Fairbanks until I graduate with my Bachelors, which should take about 100 years for me to finish. Half joking. Anyway, I will be traveling to Yale University to speak on a panel at Yale's New Direction in Environmental Law Conference 2017!

What is New Direction in Environmental Law you ask? Well, I got a brief understanding of it. Basically, Yale's School of Forestry & Environmental Studies and the Yale Law School came together and started the NDEL Conference back in 2010 to "discuss novel approaches to the practice of environmental law and the creation of environmental policy". The coolest thing, or at least to me, about this conference, is, its all student run! Thats pretty amazing if you ask me. You can find more information on the conference here at the Yale NDEL website.


I had the honor to be one of the very few panelists to kick of the conference. In my panel, I will be discussing how we can address climate justice in a changing Arctic. I will be the only one from Alaska in the first panel, which is pretty cool to me. It will be my first time traveling to Connecticut, so I am very nervous yet excited! To me, I really think that this will be very beneficial not only to me, but also to many of the attendees attending the conference. I will get to tell my story and how climate change affects me and my home back at Shishmaref, and also give me the opportunity to listen and gain knowledge on other issues affecting the nation and meet new inspiring leaders from all over the country. I am very excited for this trip!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.