Valentine's Day





Alright, alright, alright. Stream-of-consciousness being delivered in five, four, three . . .

There comes a time –– annually, just after the New Years kisses and of the land-o'-the-free Superbowl celebration, when stores turn red and pink and extra chocolatey-sweet and Hallmark cards are floating everywhere; when love fills the air like some form of chemical and emotional miasma, settling in like the fog, settling in like a sleepy dog on an already-too-small bed with extra comforters for extra warmth –– when February rolls around and here we go again. 

But I push the dog off the bed, because I don't have a dog.

And there's no fog, because I'm inside.

And there's no chemical and emotional miasma, because I don't breathe or feel. 

Actually, I'm full of blueberry Greek yogurt and I have eyes made out of buttons.

Just kidding. I'm actually just really salty about Valentine's Day, because it reminds me more and more that I am a single pringle in a world of cheerios and cheez-its. People say, "There are plenty of fish in the sea" and I agree. However, as as a certified HammerheadShark™–– I will just ravish the seas and AHOY THERE MATEY! I'll just keep swimmin'.

Ugh I can't wait for Valentine's Day to be over. 


xoxoxox

Daniel <3

No comments

Powered by Blogger.