8 Things College Student's Take for Granted!

This weekend, my mom flew up from Bellingham, WA to come visit me in Fairbanks! It was amazing to show her campus, my undergraduate research and my cabin. I was excited to have her stay with me because I wanted to treat her with home cooked meals and be the host for once! It brought me back to the days I lived with my parents. Man, I take so much for granted. Here is a list of a few things I loved but never really realized it.

1. PB and J's
jelly


I never ate PB and J's when I was younger, but holy moly they are quick and easy! I eat them at least four times a week because, well, I'm poor and need to live somehow.


2. Mom/dad making you breakfast
HULU tv abc breakfast brothers and sisters


You want to know the best feeling in the world? Waking up to the smell of fresh waffles that your mom and/or dad cooked! It is the best way to wake up in the morning!

3. Not having bills
Red Fang bills relapse records overdue final notice

It was so exciting to receive mail when I was younger! It was usually a relative or friend telling me Happy Birthday or keeping in touch! Today? I dread going to the mail box to pick up my bills. 

4. Not having to pay $1,000,000 dollars for textbooks
book books whos line is it anyway read a book


I had no idea how expensive textbooks were before college! On average, my textbooks are about $75 each. That adds up quickly! The cheapest way to get textbooks is through Amazon or renting it. Although, recently my textbook was three weeks late so I was forced to buy a textbook for $120 so I wouldn't get behind in class. College is expensive!

5. High school dances


In high school, I was never that excited about school dances. Homecoming and prom was fun, but I never thought I would miss dressing up with my friends and dancing like a bunch of goof balls! Those were the days!

6. Having Time to Sleep
Jared tired sleep bulldog nap

This week has been pretty crazy. The other day I got up at 7:00 am, went to class at 8:00 am and attended class, meetings, worked out, and studied until 11:00 pm. When I got home I was so exhausted but too wired to fall asleep! Remember the days you could just go to bed and wake up relaxed? 


7. Free time

monkey bath bubbles

It is crucial to have free time and relax from your responsibilities! But here is a harsh reality: the older you get the less free time you have! When I do have free time, I need to remind myself to do things for me and not for anyone else. If you want to learn how to paint, go do it! Want to take a bubble bath for two hours? Do it! 

8. Living with Siblings 

siblings

My sister and I are very different! We have always been extremely close growing up, but fought all the time! She is four years older than me, and moved out of the house when I was a freshman in high school. I miss living with her because she is my best friend.  



No comments

Powered by Blogger.