The Final Weeks!

     It's hard to believe that this semester is coming to a close in just a matter of a couple short weeks. With the last day of instruction fast approaching, a week from Friday, tensions are high and time is both lagging and rushing in this cruel limbo before finals week. I won't lie, I have slacked a little too much and now I'm feeling the pressure from it. But I made my very uncomfortable bed so now I have to lay in it.

     This week is going to be a nightmare. I have papers and projects due, some due dates sneaked up on me while others I'm keeping my eyes on to make sure that I don't make the same mistakes. Either way I just have to keep reminding myself that the end of the semester is near and soon I can just relax and celebrate the holidays with my loved ones. It's the dream of making sugar cookies and chocolate spoons, wrapping presents and sleeping in all day that is powering me through this purgatory. But this is just how life is, especially college life. Time is a tricky fellow.

     Every semester I find myself understanding this more and more. While some people have it from the get go, knowing how to manage their time properly, prioritize, and just generally kick life's butt, some of us haven't quite gotten the complete grasp of these concepts. But every semester I recognize these little faults in myself and I try to work on them. I suppose that's probably the most important lesson I've learned in this crazy process we commonly know as "growing up." You have to know yourself and more importantly you have to be honest with yourself and consistent with yourself.


     With knowing yourself you have to know where to draw the line, you just have to know when to say no to doing things that you would much rather be doing. Sometimes you have to spend hours upon hours studying, researching, and typing away to make the deadline and that's alright. It's okay to struggle sometimes but it is important to keep pushing through and do what needs to be done. Because life will carry on if you get good grades in college or not. I don't know about any of you, but good grades sound a whole lot better, and will feel a whole lot better, at the end of the semester.

     So keep your heads up, all. Because we'll  make it through this rough time of year!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.