Goodbye 2016

Well it's safe to say that this will be my final blog of 2016. I will be perfectly honest with you, it's been one of the roughest years at UAF, but there are many majestic moments glittering throughout 2016. I'm not going to complain about all of the things I had to go through and I'm not going to talk about how I would do things differently. Instead, I'm going to tell you about what I've done to push forward.

Before I go on, I want this quote to stick with you:

"You can't hug every cat."

This quote resonates with me deeply, and the main reason is that I like to help other people. Sometimes I like to help other people so much that I don't see how I'm being impacted. 2016 has taught me that I can't help everyone, I can be a light but I need to devote time to my personal well being. You can't expect to help other people if you are setting yourself on fire.

Take care of your emotional and mental health. Don't be afraid to ask for help yourself. I realized towards the end of this semester that asking for help didn't make me week, it made me courageous and more often than not there was always somebody there to give me advice or guidance or help me solve the problem I was dealing with. I learned that I am my own worst enemy and my worst critic. In order to get past this I've learned to surround myself with people who enjoy spending time with me, people who challenge me to be better and people who are completely different than me.

If you are a prospective student, or you will be attending UAF this spring, I strongly encourage you to be involved but don't be so involved that you are in over your head. Some people can handle taking 18 credits, having a job, and being the president of a student organization while some people are happy with taking 12 credits and enjoying the social experience of college.  Step outside your comfort zone, explore new things, create new adventures, but make sure you are taking care of yourself.

Soo that being said!


Let the 2017 resolutions come in! May you succeed in all of your resolutions!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.