Decisions

There is something so scary about being an adult, having to take full responsibility for your actions; becoming an adult is a constant balancing act between what you have to do, what you should do, and what you want to do. I won't sit here and pretend that I even know the half of it but I will tell you one of the most important things that I have learned as I've grown; it's the importance of decisions. Not just considering them and researching/weighing your options... the most important part about decisions is making them. Indecisive or not, decisions have to be made. The biggest mistake you can make is to not make any decisions and just let life push you around.
I'm not going to try to tell you what to do or tell you to hold on to your childhood for dear life or that being an adult is something to dread. I have loved growing up and loved developing a sense of who I am and who I want to be, growing up has been such a wonderful ride. Anything worthwhile is going to be terrifying. It is incredibly powerful and stressful to know that you have control over your own life and that you will have to live with the consequences. Choose what is right for you. Even if that means changing your major a million times, moving out of your family home, or dropping a class midway through the semester or not for that matter. Don't just sit and wait and hope things will work out in your favor, DO something and MAKE decisions because life won't wait forever for you to decide.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.