Day at the Museum

Today my Art History class (ART F365) went to the Museum of the North. We were taken on a tour into the archives and got to see part of the collection. I was allowed to take a few photos, so I'm sharing here the photos that I took.

Bentwood Bowls

Atlatls
Baskets

Baskets

Baskets in a teapot form


Special pouch- If you look under her hand, you'll see a red stop sign. Some of the cultures did/do not allow women to touch certain items because it was thought it might cause harm to the woman or the hunters using the item.

Finger mask or Dance Fan


Baleen bowl

This is me with my visitor pass! I felt so official! :)



To clarify, these photos are mine, but the art in the photos is the Museum's. I did get permission to share these photos in this fashion.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.